A Senior Citizen's Response to Raising the Social Security Age
Government Coming for Private Retirement Funds
People have been asking me what The Outsider Club is all about.
I could answer in thousands of words, describing how your government is fast-approaching tyranny (Patriot Act, drones, Warrantless wiretaps, militarizing police) and how the banking cartel and Federal Reserve are making your dollars worthless, while committing crimes they'll never be tried for (LIBOR, terrorist money laundering, flash crashes, Corzine, etc.)...
But one of the best explanations as to why I created The Outsider Club can be seen in a letter attributed to senior citizen Patty Myers from Montana.
The letter stems from 2011, when then Senator Alan Simpson called senior citizens the “Greediest Generation” and compared Social Security to a “Milk cow with 310 million teats.”
Mr. Simpson made those remarks in response to backlash to his proposal to raise the retirement age for Social Security to 69 as part of President Obama's National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform.
As with happened in Cyprus this week — where governments and banking cartels conspired to raid the savings accounts of responsible citizens to pay for their own missteps — your government wanted to place the debt burdens it has created on citizens by changing the rules while the game was being played.
This is an Insider move if ever there was one.
Well, 63-year-old Patty Myers saw through the scheme, and she wrote a letter so everyone knew it. Her sentiment is shared with millions of other Americans.
And that's why I created The Outsider Club.
Here's what she had to say about Alan Simpson's plan to raise the retirement age and his remarks that people like her represent the “Greediest Generation”:
Let's get a few things straight!
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole (tit) for FIFTY YEARS.
2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).
3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero ambition losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.
4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and your ilk pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age 67. NOW, you and your "shill commission" are proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.
5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now you morons propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because you idiots mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal our money from Medicare to pay the bills.
6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you incompetent bastards spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.
To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "bullshit" on your incompetence.
Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU...
1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?
2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?
3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and health care benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or, as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?
It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators called Congress who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and they who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers.
And for what? Votes.
That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.
And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a bitch.
Always say what you mean! Always mean what you say! NEVER COMPROMISE.
I couldn't have said it any better than Patty.
And to answer her question, Alan Simpson likely earned $92,000 per year for his 18 years in the Senate — for a total of $1.66 million. He retired at age 65, and likely gets around $43,000 annually from American taxpayers.
But that's exactly the problem with Insiders...
They make their millions in the protected bubble of Wall Street or Washington. And they expect “average” citizens like us to pay for their lifestyles and their mistakes.
If you're like me, you've had enough.
We'll use The Outsider Club to voice our concerns, but more importantly to present solutions and ideas about how to live independently of the terrible actions and decisions now being made daily in the halls of Congress, Big Banks, and the Federal Reserve.
Like the idea now being pursued to force Americans into “Guaranteed Retirement Accounts” run by the government...
That's right! The government pilfered Social Security, and now it wants to do the same with your private retirement money.
You can see their plan — as well as how to protect yourself from it — in the full report we just released this week.
P.S. As you may have noticed, we won't be editing out obscenities in this letter. I'm of the opinion that ideas are obscene, not words.
You'll Never Be On the Inside!
After getting your report, you’ll begin receiving the Outsider Club e-Letter, delivered to your inbox daily.